Pakistan Super League to make up for Bangladesh snub: Zaka Ashraf
Karachi: Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chief Zaka Ashraf believes that the Pakistan Super League (PSL) is the ideal alternative for reviving international cricket in the country if Bangladesh refuse to tour. The Express Tribune quoted Ashraf, as saying that Bangladesh weren`t the last option to resume international cricket in Pakistan, adding that the PCB is in the process of staging its own Twenty20 league where top foreign players will be taking part.
He further said the PCB is also in discussion with some other countries about hosting their national teams. The PCB has gone to great lengths for the past year to host Bangladesh in order to make a breakthrough in resuming international cricket in Pakistan. However, former and current players have blasted the PCB for giving too much importance to the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB), stating that it was time for them to explore other options.
According to Ashraf, the PCB has given continuous support to Bangladesh by allowing players to take part in the Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) with the understanding that in turn BCB would send its team to tour Pakistan. The PCB has been ditched twice by the BCB even though they promised to send their team. They changed their stance and as a result the PCB decided against sending its players in the BPL, Ashraf said. He said the PSL would be on the board`s top priority list and they would double their efforts to make it a successive Twenty20 league, particularly by bringing top Test players from England, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, West Indies and Sri Lanka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'