Pakistan team manager denies claims Afridi barred from speaking to media
Islamabad : Pakistan team manager Naved Cheema has denied that he ever said all rounder Shahid Afridi being kept away from the media to avoid.
Cheema said Afridi hasn’t spoken to the media in Sri Lanka because he is not available most of the times.
Pakistan cricket circles are abuzz with speculation of reports suggesting that the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) and team management have stopped Afridi from speaking to the media following his previous controversies.
“There is no restriction on Afridi to speak to the media. If he has not spoken to the media in Sri Lanka it is because of availability issues,” Cheema said.
“As far as the Man-of-the-Match ceremonies or pre or post match conferences are concerned, the captain has the prerogative of deciding either to go himself before the media or to send some player for these customary interactions with the media,” he added.
Afridi has been one of the most talked-about and reported cricketers in Pakistan after his public row with the PCB and its former chairman Ijaz Butt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today