Pakistan team manager denies claims Afridi barred from speaking to media
Islamabad : Pakistan team manager Naved Cheema has denied that he ever said all rounder Shahid Afridi being kept away from the media to avoid.
Cheema said Afridi hasn’t spoken to the media in Sri Lanka because he is not available most of the times.
Pakistan cricket circles are abuzz with speculation of reports suggesting that the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) and team management have stopped Afridi from speaking to the media following his previous controversies.
“There is no restriction on Afridi to speak to the media. If he has not spoken to the media in Sri Lanka it is because of availability issues,” Cheema said.
“As far as the Man-of-the-Match ceremonies or pre or post match conferences are concerned, the captain has the prerogative of deciding either to go himself before the media or to send some player for these customary interactions with the media,” he added.
Afridi has been one of the most talked-about and reported cricketers in Pakistan after his public row with the PCB and its former chairman Ijaz Butt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- India, Pakistan must decide scope of dialogue on Kashmir issue: United States
- Make your monsoon more enjoyable with these healthy tips!
- Turkish army killed suspected IS militants at Syria border - security sources
- Mehbooba Mufti takes oath as member of Jammu and Kashmir Assembly
- Brexit campaigner Gove bids to succeed Cameron as UK premier