Pakistan to add pacemen for Test series against Proteas
Karachi: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has said it would add pacemen Tanveer Ahmed and Rahat Ali to their squad for the three-Test series against the Proteas. The PCB said the team, currently playing a four-day tour opener in East London before the first Test in Johannesburg, sent a request for the extra bowlers.
A PCB press release stated that the Pakistan team management has requested the national selection committee to send two fast bowlers, adding that they would reach South Africa before the start of the first Test on Friday.
Ahmed, 34, played the last of his four Tests in the West Indies in 2011 and has also played two one-day matches, while 24-year-old left-armer Ali played one limited-overs international in Sri Lanka last year before he was discarded. Pakistan will also play two Twenty20s and five one-day internationals on the tour. A squad for the limited overs matches will be announced next month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video