Pakistan to play two Tests, 3 ODIs in Sri Lanka
Lahore: Pakistan will play Tests in Galle and Colombo on their tour of Sri Lanka in August, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) said on Friday.
The teams will also play three one-day internationals during the short tour, originally not included in Future Tours Programme but was agreed on the sidelines of the International Cricket Council meeting in Dubai last month.
This will be the fifth series between the two Asian neighbours since Sri Lanka had to cut short a tour of Pakistan after the visitors were attacked by terrorists in Lahore in March 2009.
Pakistan also toured Sri Lanka in 2010 and 2012, while they hosted the Islanders in United Arab Emirates in 2011 and earlier this year.
The PCB said the team will reach Sri Lanka on August 2 and play the first Test in Galle from August 6. The second Test will be played at P Sara Oval in Colombo from August 14-18.
The first one-day will be played in Hambantota on August 23 followed by two day-night encounters in Pallekele on August 27, followed by the third in Colombo on August 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof