Pakistan to play two Tests, 3 ODIs in Sri Lanka
Lahore: Pakistan will play Tests in Galle and Colombo on their tour of Sri Lanka in August, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) said on Friday.
The teams will also play three one-day internationals during the short tour, originally not included in Future Tours Programme but was agreed on the sidelines of the International Cricket Council meeting in Dubai last month.
This will be the fifth series between the two Asian neighbours since Sri Lanka had to cut short a tour of Pakistan after the visitors were attacked by terrorists in Lahore in March 2009.
Pakistan also toured Sri Lanka in 2010 and 2012, while they hosted the Islanders in United Arab Emirates in 2011 and earlier this year.
The PCB said the team will reach Sri Lanka on August 2 and play the first Test in Galle from August 6. The second Test will be played at P Sara Oval in Colombo from August 14-18.
The first one-day will be played in Hambantota on August 23 followed by two day-night encounters in Pallekele on August 27, followed by the third in Colombo on August 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Religious tensions bristle in Myanmar village after mosque destroyed
- After IITs, HRD Ministry hikes fees in NITs, IISERs
- Was Test captain Virat Kohli overruled by BCCI, CAC in India coach appointment?
- Swami Prasad Maurya is a traitor: Mayawati
- Gold slips from 26-month high, down Rs 485 on fall in demand