Pakistan to resolve Kaneria’s spot fixing case in consultation with ECB
Karachi: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is looking to resolve the Danish Kaneria’s case in consultation with the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) after the leg-spinner was named as a go-between in the Mervyn Westfield’s spot-fixing case.
Kaneria, who has been seeking clearance from the PCB, was named during the trial in the London court that handed a four-month jail sentence to Westfield.
While Essex Police also questioned Kaneria, the leg-spinner was released without charges, The Express Tribune reports.
The PCB has adopted a strict attitude after three Pakistan cricketers were found guilty of spot-fixing in 2010.
An official close to the integrity committee, which reviewed Kaneria’s case, said the developments were being closely followed.
“The committee is reviewing Westfield’s sentencing quotes. The process has slowed down because the board is busy in looking at other core issues but the committee will summon the bowler soon,” the official said.
Despite being repeatedly asked by the integrity committee, Kaneria has failed to provide copies of the tapes of the Essex Police interview, which prompted the PCB to block his clearance.
Kaneria had also filed a petition before the Sindh High Court against the PCB’s sanction, the paper reports.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India