Pakistan to resolve Kaneria’s spot fixing case in consultation with ECB
Karachi: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is looking to resolve the Danish Kaneria’s case in consultation with the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) after the leg-spinner was named as a go-between in the Mervyn Westfield’s spot-fixing case.
Kaneria, who has been seeking clearance from the PCB, was named during the trial in the London court that handed a four-month jail sentence to Westfield.
While Essex Police also questioned Kaneria, the leg-spinner was released without charges, The Express Tribune reports.
The PCB has adopted a strict attitude after three Pakistan cricketers were found guilty of spot-fixing in 2010.
An official close to the integrity committee, which reviewed Kaneria’s case, said the developments were being closely followed.
“The committee is reviewing Westfield’s sentencing quotes. The process has slowed down because the board is busy in looking at other core issues but the committee will summon the bowler soon,” the official said.
Despite being repeatedly asked by the integrity committee, Kaneria has failed to provide copies of the tapes of the Essex Police interview, which prompted the PCB to block his clearance.
Kaneria had also filed a petition before the Sindh High Court against the PCB’s sanction, the paper reports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic