Pakistan unlikely to tour Caribbean in 2013
Islamabad: Pakistan`s tour to West Indies this season appears to be in jeopardy after the cricket boards from both the countries failed to find a suitable window for the tour.
Pakistan, which was originally scheduled to play two Tests, five ODIs and two Twenty20s in the Caribbean in June and July, is unlikely to go ahead with its tour following a clash of plans between the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) and the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB).
PCB chairman Zaka Ashraf said that a tricky situation has developed as the board`s first priority is to play according to the Future Tour Programme (FTP), adding that although there were plans to split the tour, they were dropped as PCB wanted the team to play a full series.
Ashraf further said that even though the WICB planned their tri-nation series within PCB`s window and left them with a choice to reschedule the series, his board failed to find a window to go ahead with it even after a lengthy deliberation.
However, the chairman is hopeful of finding another window next year for playing in the Caribbean, adding that West Indies is an important cricket team and Pakistan always had cordial relations with them.
According to the FTP, West Indies was scheduled to host Pakistan from the last week in June to the last week in July, but they planned a tri-series against India and Sri Lanka during that time for which the WICB had asked the PCB if their tour could be rescheduled to August.
The idea, however, interfered with the Pakistan`s own plan to host India and to play out the Zimbabwe series that was postponed last year after which West Indies scheduled their Caribbean Premier League tournament from 29 July to 26 August.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win