Pakistan vital to international cricket, cannot be denied for long: Andre Nel
Karachi: South African cricketer Andre Nel, who is part of the International World XI, participating in the two Twenty20 exhibition matches in Karachi, has said Pakistan cannot be denied for long as they are too vital to international cricket. "I think that Pakistan should not be denied for long, they are vital to international cricket and I don``t see major security concerns here, the people have been warm and we are being looked after very well," The Dawn quoted Nel, as saying. Nel said he is extremely happy to be a part of a process, which should eventually bring international cricket back to Pakistan.
The T20 matches between the International XI and a Pakistan All Stars XI at the National Stadium marked the return of international players and cricket, albeit unofficial, to Pakistan for the first time since the terror attack on the Sri Lankan team bus in March 2009. The International World XI, captained by Sri Lankan legend Sanath Jayasuriya and featuring several former South African and West Indian Test players took on a Pakistan All Stars side led by Shahid Afridi in two Twenty 20s in Karachi in the weekend.
Another prominent member of the International World XI is West Indian batsman Ricardo Powell claimed that the security force in place in Karachi was the biggest he had ever seen. "I have travelled the world for cricket but never saw better and more stringent security arrangements, I am happy to be in Pakistan and feel that I am contributing to a great cause by being here," he said. Powell feels that international cricket in Pakistan would receive a tremendous boost once the two exhibition matches set to take place on the weekend end trouble free.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!