Pakistan vital to international cricket, cannot be denied for long: Andre Nel
Karachi: South African cricketer Andre Nel, who is part of the International World XI, participating in the two Twenty20 exhibition matches in Karachi, has said Pakistan cannot be denied for long as they are too vital to international cricket. "I think that Pakistan should not be denied for long, they are vital to international cricket and I don``t see major security concerns here, the people have been warm and we are being looked after very well," The Dawn quoted Nel, as saying. Nel said he is extremely happy to be a part of a process, which should eventually bring international cricket back to Pakistan.
The T20 matches between the International XI and a Pakistan All Stars XI at the National Stadium marked the return of international players and cricket, albeit unofficial, to Pakistan for the first time since the terror attack on the Sri Lankan team bus in March 2009. The International World XI, captained by Sri Lankan legend Sanath Jayasuriya and featuring several former South African and West Indian Test players took on a Pakistan All Stars side led by Shahid Afridi in two Twenty 20s in Karachi in the weekend.
Another prominent member of the International World XI is West Indian batsman Ricardo Powell claimed that the security force in place in Karachi was the biggest he had ever seen. "I have travelled the world for cricket but never saw better and more stringent security arrangements, I am happy to be in Pakistan and feel that I am contributing to a great cause by being here," he said. Powell feels that international cricket in Pakistan would receive a tremendous boost once the two exhibition matches set to take place on the weekend end trouble free.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof