Pakistan vs SL, Pallekele Test: Perera puts Sri Lanka in control
Pallekele: Thisara Perera’s brisk half-century earned Sri Lanka a 111-run first innings lead as Pakistan finished the third day of the third and final Test at 27-1 in the second on Tuesday.
Taufeeq Umar (4) was adjudged lbw off Nuwan Kulasekera off a ball that clearly pitched outside leg stump.
Perera, batting at No.8, was dropped on 11 and 22 before scoring 75 off 86 balls with four boundaries and three sixes as Sri Lanka was bowled out for 337 in reply to Pakistan’s first innings of 226.
Opening batsman Tharanga Paranavitana (75) and Thilan Samaraweera (73) also scored half-centuries before Perera’s onslaught after tea.
Perera shared an 84-run eighth-wicket stand with Kulasekera (33). Fast bowler Junaid Khan took 5-70 while Saeed Ajmal claimed 3-66.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Palestinians seek to sue Britain over 1917 vow to Jews
- PM Modi should also be suspended from House for 'inviting ISI to Pathankot', says AAP MP Bhagwant Mann
- MASSIVE! Italian giants Juventus complete USD 104 million transfer of Gonzalo Higuain from Napoli
- Odisha govt has "nexus" with Maoists: BJP probe team
- Political blame-game begins as auto, taxi unions go on indefinite strike against app-based taxi services