Pakistan vs SL, Pallekele Test: Perera puts Sri Lanka in control
Pallekele: Thisara Perera’s brisk half-century earned Sri Lanka a 111-run first innings lead as Pakistan finished the third day of the third and final Test at 27-1 in the second on Tuesday.
Taufeeq Umar (4) was adjudged lbw off Nuwan Kulasekera off a ball that clearly pitched outside leg stump.
Perera, batting at No.8, was dropped on 11 and 22 before scoring 75 off 86 balls with four boundaries and three sixes as Sri Lanka was bowled out for 337 in reply to Pakistan’s first innings of 226.
Opening batsman Tharanga Paranavitana (75) and Thilan Samaraweera (73) also scored half-centuries before Perera’s onslaught after tea.
Perera shared an 84-run eighth-wicket stand with Kulasekera (33). Fast bowler Junaid Khan took 5-70 while Saeed Ajmal claimed 3-66.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers