Pakistan vs South Africa: 1st Test, Day 3 - As it happened...
Zee Media Bureau
Session: Tea- Pakistan were 429/8 at tea.
Session: Lunch - Pakistan lead by 180 runs with 2 wickets remaining in the 1st innings
Pakistan’s domination continues in the third day. Skipper Misbah-ul Haq continued to build the lead taking the score tally to 352/4 at lunch. Till lunch, Misbah was on 78 and supporting him was Asad Shafif on 40. The duo has added 62 runs in the fifth wicket partnership. Khurram Manzoor, who resumed on 131 today got out at 146.
Vernon Philander dismissed Manzoor in the sixth over of the day, who was caught off a slash in the slip by Jacques Kallis.
Pakistan lead by 14 runs with 7 wickets remaining in the 1st innings
PAKISTAN (1st innings): OVERS: 84||SCORE: 263/3
The second day belonged to Pakistan. First their bowlers picked up the last two South African wickets within first four overs of the day. And then their openers gave them a solid stand of 135 runs for the first wicket. Though Pakistan lost their other two wickets within 43 runs in the form of Azhar Ali and Yunis Khan but the unbeatable hundred knock by Khurram Manzoor helped his side to take the lead of 14 runs with 7 wickets still remaining. At the close of second day Khurram is batting on 131 along with Misbah who is on 44.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'