Pakistan vs South Africa: 1st Test, Day 3 - As it happened...
Zee Media Bureau
Session: Tea- Pakistan were 429/8 at tea.
Session: Lunch - Pakistan lead by 180 runs with 2 wickets remaining in the 1st innings
Pakistan’s domination continues in the third day. Skipper Misbah-ul Haq continued to build the lead taking the score tally to 352/4 at lunch. Till lunch, Misbah was on 78 and supporting him was Asad Shafif on 40. The duo has added 62 runs in the fifth wicket partnership. Khurram Manzoor, who resumed on 131 today got out at 146.
Vernon Philander dismissed Manzoor in the sixth over of the day, who was caught off a slash in the slip by Jacques Kallis.
Pakistan lead by 14 runs with 7 wickets remaining in the 1st innings
PAKISTAN (1st innings): OVERS: 84||SCORE: 263/3
The second day belonged to Pakistan. First their bowlers picked up the last two South African wickets within first four overs of the day. And then their openers gave them a solid stand of 135 runs for the first wicket. Though Pakistan lost their other two wickets within 43 runs in the form of Azhar Ali and Yunis Khan but the unbeatable hundred knock by Khurram Manzoor helped his side to take the lead of 14 runs with 7 wickets still remaining. At the close of second day Khurram is batting on 131 along with Misbah who is on 44.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says