Pakistan vs Sri Lanka, 3rd Test, Day 2: Play abandoned due to incessant rain
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Pallekele: Not even a single ball could be bowled at the Pallekele International Stadium as the ground remained covered due to consistent rain.
The two Umpires Steve Davis and Simon Taufel waited till 3:00 pm after which they abandoned the day’s play.
The first day saw some competitive cricket as Pakistan were bundled for just 226 runs in the first innings after which they reduced Sri Lanka to 44/3.
Sri Lanka won the first Test in Galle by 209 runs while the Colombo Test ended in a draw.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal