Pakistan wants a bilateral series with India: Najam Sethi
Karachi: The BCCI might be keen on organising a tri-series involving Pakistan and Sri Lanka in India later this year, but Pakistan Cricket Board`s caretaker Chairman Najam Sethi said he would be more interested in the reviving the bilateral cricketing ties with the neighbours.
"We are more focused on having a bilateral series with India," said Sethi.
"We spoke about this when our chief operating officer went to India recently. I also plan to visit India next month to convince the BCCI about this," he told a news channel.
The PCB chief said the participation of the Pakistani Twenty20 champions, Faisalabad Wolves in the ongoing Champions League in India was a welcome development.
"It is a positive development for the restoration of bilateral cricket ties between the two countries," he said.
Meanwhile, Sethi confirmed that former captain Moin Khan will be asked to continue as manager of the national team for the forthcoming series against South Africa in UAE, starting in October.
"Yes Moin will be given another chance and all those people in the board and team management who are doing a good job will be encouraged and allowed to continue their work," he said.
He also said that Pakistan foreign coach Dav Whatmore had three months remaining in his contract with the PCB.
Disclosing that the PCB had hired the services of a British barrister to help it in the Mohammad Aamir case, Sethi said, "I had discussed the Aamir case and the DRS system in detail when I went to England for the ICC meeting this year. Our position is clear, we are seeking to get the ICC to review Aamir`s ban."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing