Pakistan, Windies not to play T20 Internationals in USA
Karachi: Pakistan and West Indies Cricket Boards have failed to reach an agreement on playing two T20 Internationals in Florida, United states next month.
The two Boards had discussed having the two T20 games in Florida due to the large number of South Asian and West Indian expatriates community in the USA.
"The two T20s were part of Pakistan`s revised tour to the West Indies which also includes five one-day internationals. But due to time constraints and other issues the matches will now be played in the Caribbean," a senior PCB official told PTI.
He said that talks were held to have the matches in the USA in order to promote the sport in North America and also due to the close proximity between the West Indies and Miami, Florida.
"But they were issues lining up the matches at such a short notice," he explained.
He said the Pakistan team would now play all its matches in the West Indies and then return home late next month.
"Only those players who have signed up for the Caribbean Premier League will remain there and the team will than tour Zimbabwe in mid August for a short series," the official added.
Sri Lanka, New Zealand and West Indies have in recent past played international matches in the USA while Pakistan and Sri Lanka played a T20 series in Toronto, Canada some years back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened