Pakistan’s chief selector says Younis Khan`s career not over yet
Karachi: Pakistan`s chief selector Iqbal Qasim has said that veteran batsman Younis Khan`s career is not yet over, even though he has been omitted from the country`s 30-man initial squad for the upcoming ICC Champions Trophy to be played in England.
Khan, who has not managed to score a century since November 2008, was left out after his lackluster performance during the recent one day international series in South Africa, which Pakistan lost 3-2.
Khan managed to score only 116 runs in the series.
Qasim said that Khan was not picked for the Champions Trophy squad in view of his current form, adding that that does not mean that he has been sidelined from the team forever.
Stating that cutting short a player`s career is not the mandate of the selection committee, Qasim further said that a player who performs well is considered for selection, adding that Khan is no exception.
Qasim said the initial squad announced was balanced, adding that the upcoming domestic tournament will help decide the final 15-man squad which is supposed to be announced in May.
Pakistan, which is in group B along with arch-rivals India, West Indies and South Africa, of the event to be held in England from June 3-23, will face the West Indies in their opening match on June 7 before clashing with South Africa (June 10) and arch-rivals India on June 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in