Pallekele Test: Azhar Ali's ton lights up Day 4
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Pallekele: At stumps on Day 4, Pakistan were 299/8 as Sri Lanka came back in the final session with some quick wickets to leave Pakistan in a tricky situation.
Pakistan lead Sri Lanka by 188 runs.
From being 276 for 4, Pakistan slipped 299 for 8 after middle-order batsman Azhar Ali produced another solid innings of 136.
Asad Shafiq was on the crease with 55 along with Adnan Akmal.
Update 5: After 74 overs Pakistan were 225/4 extending their lead to 114 runs. Azhar Ali has slammed a ton. This is his fourth Test century.
Update 4: Younis Khan and Misbah-ul-haq fell in quick succession to spinner Rangana Herath as Pakistan were 176/4 after 57 overs. Younis (19) was caught at silly point while four overs later Misbah edged one to the slips to depart after scoring just 5.
Update 3: After the end of 50 overs, Pakistan were sitting pretty at 153/2. Azhar Ali completed a half-century and was batting alongside Younis Khan (17*).Pakistan are currently leading by 42 runs with 8 wickets in hand.
Update 2: At lunch Pakistan were 119/2 with Azhar Ali (48) and Younis Khan (2) on crease. Mohammad Hafeez was the only wicket to fall on the fourth morning of the third Test. Hafeez was caught at first slip by Paranavitana off the bowling of Dilhara Fernando. Pakistan have a lead of eight runs.
Update 1: Pakistan were 61/1 after the end of 20 overs Azhar Ali (25) and Mohammad Hafeez (23) on crease.
After taking a first innings lead of 111 runs, Sri Lanka removed Pakistan’s opening batsman Taufeeq Umar early in their second innings on the third day of the third and final Test at Pallekele on Wednesday denting their chances of leveling the series.
The visitors will, however, feel unlucky as Umar’s lbw decision seemed contentious. They will come back to bat on the penultimate day trailing by 84 runs with nine wickets in hand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof