Pallekele Test: Azhar Ali's ton lights up Day 4
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Pallekele: At stumps on Day 4, Pakistan were 299/8 as Sri Lanka came back in the final session with some quick wickets to leave Pakistan in a tricky situation.
Pakistan lead Sri Lanka by 188 runs.
From being 276 for 4, Pakistan slipped 299 for 8 after middle-order batsman Azhar Ali produced another solid innings of 136.
Asad Shafiq was on the crease with 55 along with Adnan Akmal.
Update 5: After 74 overs Pakistan were 225/4 extending their lead to 114 runs. Azhar Ali has slammed a ton. This is his fourth Test century.
Update 4: Younis Khan and Misbah-ul-haq fell in quick succession to spinner Rangana Herath as Pakistan were 176/4 after 57 overs. Younis (19) was caught at silly point while four overs later Misbah edged one to the slips to depart after scoring just 5.
Update 3: After the end of 50 overs, Pakistan were sitting pretty at 153/2. Azhar Ali completed a half-century and was batting alongside Younis Khan (17*).Pakistan are currently leading by 42 runs with 8 wickets in hand.
Update 2: At lunch Pakistan were 119/2 with Azhar Ali (48) and Younis Khan (2) on crease. Mohammad Hafeez was the only wicket to fall on the fourth morning of the third Test. Hafeez was caught at first slip by Paranavitana off the bowling of Dilhara Fernando. Pakistan have a lead of eight runs.
Update 1: Pakistan were 61/1 after the end of 20 overs Azhar Ali (25) and Mohammad Hafeez (23) on crease.
After taking a first innings lead of 111 runs, Sri Lanka removed Pakistan’s opening batsman Taufeeq Umar early in their second innings on the third day of the third and final Test at Pallekele on Wednesday denting their chances of leveling the series.
The visitors will, however, feel unlucky as Umar’s lbw decision seemed contentious. They will come back to bat on the penultimate day trailing by 84 runs with nine wickets in hand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials