Panesar won’t let England down if recalled: Mark Robinson
London: Sussex Sharks coach Mark Robinson thinks left-arm spinner Monty Panesar wouldn`t let England down if he is called up into the squad to face Pakistan next month.
Robinson, who rebuilt Panesar’s career, was quoted as saying that he believes that England fans could be surprised at just how good the spinner can be if given the chance on the turning pitches of Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
“It is easy to forget just how good Monty is. And he returns a much more worldly and experienced person. England may not play two spinners out there unless they’re adamant it will turn but, if anything happens to Graeme Swann, Monty would not let them down,” Robinson said.
When he got left out before he deserved to miss out probably, but England have done the right thing as he is the next best spinner in the country behind Swann and the only bloke who could do the same job, in that he can hold as well as attack in the same.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA