Panesar won’t let England down if recalled: Mark Robinson
London: Sussex Sharks coach Mark Robinson thinks left-arm spinner Monty Panesar wouldn`t let England down if he is called up into the squad to face Pakistan next month.
Robinson, who rebuilt Panesar’s career, was quoted as saying that he believes that England fans could be surprised at just how good the spinner can be if given the chance on the turning pitches of Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
“It is easy to forget just how good Monty is. And he returns a much more worldly and experienced person. England may not play two spinners out there unless they’re adamant it will turn but, if anything happens to Graeme Swann, Monty would not let them down,” Robinson said.
When he got left out before he deserved to miss out probably, but England have done the right thing as he is the next best spinner in the country behind Swann and the only bloke who could do the same job, in that he can hold as well as attack in the same.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India