Parliament to felicitate Sachin Tendulkar: Sources
New Delhi: Plans are afoot for felicitating Sachin Tendulkar in Parliament over his feat of completing a century of centuries.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar has written a letter to him on the issue but the details are yet to be worked out, Parliament sources said.
Just two days back, both the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha had lauded the cricketer for becoming the first cricketer to score a hundred centuries in international cricket.
The Speaker had said the outstanding batsman achieved this incredible feat during the one day international match against Bangladesh at Mirpur on March 16, 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble