Parliament to felicitate Sachin Tendulkar: Sources
New Delhi: Plans are afoot for felicitating Sachin Tendulkar in Parliament over his feat of completing a century of centuries.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar has written a letter to him on the issue but the details are yet to be worked out, Parliament sources said.
Just two days back, both the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha had lauded the cricketer for becoming the first cricketer to score a hundred centuries in international cricket.
The Speaker had said the outstanding batsman achieved this incredible feat during the one day international match against Bangladesh at Mirpur on March 16, 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says