Parthiv Patel to lead Rest of India in Irani Cup match
Mumbai: Diminutive wicket-keeper Parthiv Patel was on Friday named as captain of Rest of India for the Irani Cup cricket match against Ranji Champions, Rajasthan.
BCCI`s All India Senior Selection Committee met at the Cricket Centre to pick a 15-member squad for the five-day match, starting October 1 in Jaipur.
Delhi batsman Shikhar Dhawan was named Patel`s deputy and Ajinkya Rahane, who did well in the recently-concluded England tour, also made it to the squad.
Madhya Pradesh`s Jalaj Saxena, meanwhile, is the surprise inclusion.
Ishank Jaggi, who was named in the original squad, is unavailable due to injury and has been replaced by C Gautham.
Squad: Parthiv Patel (Capt), Shikhar Dhawan, Abhinav Mukund, Ajinkya Rahane, Manish Pandey, Ravindra Jadeja, Mandeep Singh, Pragyan Ojha, Rahul Sharma, Umesh Yadav, Varun Aaron, Prashant Parmeshwaran, Pawan Suyal, Jalaj Saxena and C Gautham.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof