Parthiv Patel to lead Rest of India in Irani Cup match
Mumbai: Diminutive wicket-keeper Parthiv Patel was on Friday named as captain of Rest of India for the Irani Cup cricket match against Ranji Champions, Rajasthan.
BCCI`s All India Senior Selection Committee met at the Cricket Centre to pick a 15-member squad for the five-day match, starting October 1 in Jaipur.
Delhi batsman Shikhar Dhawan was named Patel`s deputy and Ajinkya Rahane, who did well in the recently-concluded England tour, also made it to the squad.
Madhya Pradesh`s Jalaj Saxena, meanwhile, is the surprise inclusion.
Ishank Jaggi, who was named in the original squad, is unavailable due to injury and has been replaced by C Gautham.
Squad: Parthiv Patel (Capt), Shikhar Dhawan, Abhinav Mukund, Ajinkya Rahane, Manish Pandey, Ravindra Jadeja, Mandeep Singh, Pragyan Ojha, Rahul Sharma, Umesh Yadav, Varun Aaron, Prashant Parmeshwaran, Pawan Suyal, Jalaj Saxena and C Gautham.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vashu Bhagnani wants Amitabh Bachchan, Govinda to appear in 'Bade Miyan Chote Miyan' remake
- Shah Rukh Khan-Kajol's epic romance continues to rule the Internet! – Here's how
- Reduce your blood pressure – listen to the tunes of Mozart and Strauss!
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat is a father figure to me: FTII chairman Gajendra Chauhan
- Employees use social media to kill mental fatigue: Survey