Parthiv Patel to lead Rest of India in Irani Cup match
Mumbai: Diminutive wicket-keeper Parthiv Patel was on Friday named as captain of Rest of India for the Irani Cup cricket match against Ranji Champions, Rajasthan.
BCCI`s All India Senior Selection Committee met at the Cricket Centre to pick a 15-member squad for the five-day match, starting October 1 in Jaipur.
Delhi batsman Shikhar Dhawan was named Patel`s deputy and Ajinkya Rahane, who did well in the recently-concluded England tour, also made it to the squad.
Madhya Pradesh`s Jalaj Saxena, meanwhile, is the surprise inclusion.
Ishank Jaggi, who was named in the original squad, is unavailable due to injury and has been replaced by C Gautham.
Squad: Parthiv Patel (Capt), Shikhar Dhawan, Abhinav Mukund, Ajinkya Rahane, Manish Pandey, Ravindra Jadeja, Mandeep Singh, Pragyan Ojha, Rahul Sharma, Umesh Yadav, Varun Aaron, Prashant Parmeshwaran, Pawan Suyal, Jalaj Saxena and C Gautham.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- Left Front to hit the streets against post-poll violence
- 45 union ministers to tour UP on Modi government's second anniversary
- Man who tried shaking hands with lion sent to jail in Hyderabad
- Congress planning to digitalise photographs, speeches of Indira Gandhi
- Left, Congress threaten to skip Mamata's swearing-in, BJP to observe black day