Parthiv Patel to lead Rest of India in Irani Cup match
Mumbai: Diminutive wicket-keeper Parthiv Patel was on Friday named as captain of Rest of India for the Irani Cup cricket match against Ranji Champions, Rajasthan.
BCCI`s All India Senior Selection Committee met at the Cricket Centre to pick a 15-member squad for the five-day match, starting October 1 in Jaipur.
Delhi batsman Shikhar Dhawan was named Patel`s deputy and Ajinkya Rahane, who did well in the recently-concluded England tour, also made it to the squad.
Madhya Pradesh`s Jalaj Saxena, meanwhile, is the surprise inclusion.
Ishank Jaggi, who was named in the original squad, is unavailable due to injury and has been replaced by C Gautham.
Squad: Parthiv Patel (Capt), Shikhar Dhawan, Abhinav Mukund, Ajinkya Rahane, Manish Pandey, Ravindra Jadeja, Mandeep Singh, Pragyan Ojha, Rahul Sharma, Umesh Yadav, Varun Aaron, Prashant Parmeshwaran, Pawan Suyal, Jalaj Saxena and C Gautham.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder