Parthiv Patel to lead Rest of India in Irani Cup match
Mumbai: Diminutive wicket-keeper Parthiv Patel was on Friday named as captain of Rest of India for the Irani Cup cricket match against Ranji Champions, Rajasthan.
BCCI`s All India Senior Selection Committee met at the Cricket Centre to pick a 15-member squad for the five-day match, starting October 1 in Jaipur.
Delhi batsman Shikhar Dhawan was named Patel`s deputy and Ajinkya Rahane, who did well in the recently-concluded England tour, also made it to the squad.
Madhya Pradesh`s Jalaj Saxena, meanwhile, is the surprise inclusion.
Ishank Jaggi, who was named in the original squad, is unavailable due to injury and has been replaced by C Gautham.
Squad: Parthiv Patel (Capt), Shikhar Dhawan, Abhinav Mukund, Ajinkya Rahane, Manish Pandey, Ravindra Jadeja, Mandeep Singh, Pragyan Ojha, Rahul Sharma, Umesh Yadav, Varun Aaron, Prashant Parmeshwaran, Pawan Suyal, Jalaj Saxena and C Gautham.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?