Parthiv still hopeful of a comeback in Indian team
New Delhi: India discard Parthiv Patel still nurtures hope of returning to the Indian cricket team and feels that his good showing with the bat in the ongoing domestic season will attract the attention of the national selectors.
"There`s been ups and downs in my career since I made my debut. But I am quite happy with the way I am playing at the moment in domestic circuit. I am going through a good Ranji season with the bat. I am hoping to return (to the Indian team)," Parthiv said on the sidelines of a function here.
The 27-year-old wicket-keeper, who was last seen donning the India colours against Sri Lanka in Brisbane in February this year, said he is keeping himself ready to make a comeback as and when he gets a call from the selectors.
"I am waiting for my chance. Whenever I got a chance to play for the country, I had performed to the fullest," he said.
But off late Parthiv has been been out of favour with the selectors as the wise-men of Indian cricket have been favouring Bengal`s Wriddhiman Saha when it comes to picking a a second wicket-keeper for a tour.
Asked Parthiv about the overlooking attitude of the selectors, he said, "When you are representing your country, there will be competition for sure but as a player the only thing I can do is to keep on performing. I am still young and have lot of cricket left in me."
Gujarat skipper Parthiv also exuded confidence of qualifying for the knock-out stage of the Ranji Trophy.
"Gujarat is very well-placed at the moment. They are number four on the points table. Three good games and we can qualify for the knockouts," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- One killed, 30 wounded by explosions in southern Thailand – police
- Iraq summons its envoy to Portugal over teenager assault
- Cara Delevingne, Amber Heard turned away from strip club
- Obama promises aid to help Louisiana fully recover from flooding
- US investigating non-travel Zika case in new area in Florida