Parthiv still hopeful of a comeback in Indian team
New Delhi: India discard Parthiv Patel still nurtures hope of returning to the Indian cricket team and feels that his good showing with the bat in the ongoing domestic season will attract the attention of the national selectors.
"There`s been ups and downs in my career since I made my debut. But I am quite happy with the way I am playing at the moment in domestic circuit. I am going through a good Ranji season with the bat. I am hoping to return (to the Indian team)," Parthiv said on the sidelines of a function here.
The 27-year-old wicket-keeper, who was last seen donning the India colours against Sri Lanka in Brisbane in February this year, said he is keeping himself ready to make a comeback as and when he gets a call from the selectors.
"I am waiting for my chance. Whenever I got a chance to play for the country, I had performed to the fullest," he said.
But off late Parthiv has been been out of favour with the selectors as the wise-men of Indian cricket have been favouring Bengal`s Wriddhiman Saha when it comes to picking a a second wicket-keeper for a tour.
Asked Parthiv about the overlooking attitude of the selectors, he said, "When you are representing your country, there will be competition for sure but as a player the only thing I can do is to keep on performing. I am still young and have lot of cricket left in me."
Gujarat skipper Parthiv also exuded confidence of qualifying for the knock-out stage of the Ranji Trophy.
"Gujarat is very well-placed at the moment. They are number four on the points table. Three good games and we can qualify for the knockouts," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Yuvraj Singh trolls R Ashwin for photobombing his picture with Virat Kohli – See pic!