Parwinder Awana leaves for West Indies
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Parwinder Awana finally left for West Indies on Sunday to join India ‘A’ squad after sorting out visa issues that had delayed his departure.
The Delhi pacer had replaced RP Singh in the squad on 26th May, as the left arm pacer was ruled out of the tour due to a knee injury.
After being selected, Awana was kept waiting for days before the formalities (requirement of transit visa) could be completed.
"It took around 10 days to get his visa. But this is how it goes,” a leading Indian daily quoted a source as saying on Monday.
The right-arm pacer came into the limelight after an impressive performance in the IPL 5 for his franchise Kings XI Punjab, taking 17 wickets in 11 matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket