Parwinder Awana leaves for West Indies
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Parwinder Awana finally left for West Indies on Sunday to join India ‘A’ squad after sorting out visa issues that had delayed his departure.
The Delhi pacer had replaced RP Singh in the squad on 26th May, as the left arm pacer was ruled out of the tour due to a knee injury.
After being selected, Awana was kept waiting for days before the formalities (requirement of transit visa) could be completed.
"It took around 10 days to get his visa. But this is how it goes,” a leading Indian daily quoted a source as saying on Monday.
The right-arm pacer came into the limelight after an impressive performance in the IPL 5 for his franchise Kings XI Punjab, taking 17 wickets in 11 matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre