Parwinder Awana leaves for West Indies
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Parwinder Awana finally left for West Indies on Sunday to join India ‘A’ squad after sorting out visa issues that had delayed his departure.
The Delhi pacer had replaced RP Singh in the squad on 26th May, as the left arm pacer was ruled out of the tour due to a knee injury.
After being selected, Awana was kept waiting for days before the formalities (requirement of transit visa) could be completed.
"It took around 10 days to get his visa. But this is how it goes,” a leading Indian daily quoted a source as saying on Monday.
The right-arm pacer came into the limelight after an impressive performance in the IPL 5 for his franchise Kings XI Punjab, taking 17 wickets in 11 matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you