Pat Howard appointed Cricket Australia general manager
Melbourne: Cricket Australia has appointed former rugby union international Pat Howard to the newly created role of general manager of team performance.
The creation of the role follows the release of an extensive independent review earlier this year that recommended a restructure to CA.
From mid-November, the 37-year-old Howard will oversee the Australia head coach, captain, chairman of selectors, team manager and centre of excellence manager. He will be based at CA`s centre of excellence in Brisbane.
One of Howard`s first responsibilities will be to help choose a new head coach to replace Tim Nielsen.
Howard represented Australia in 20 tests before serving as the Australian Rugby Union`s high-performance manager.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- US, North Korea trade barbs over nuclear weapon tests
- Palestinians seek to sue Britain over 1917 vow to Jews
- PM Modi should also be suspended from House for 'inviting ISI to Pathankot', says AAP MP Bhagwant Mann
- MASSIVE! Italian giants Juventus complete USD 104 million transfer of Gonzalo Higuain from Napoli
- Odisha govt has "nexus" with Maoists: BJP probe team