Pataudi likely to be discharged within a week: Doctor
New Delhi: Former India cricket captain Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi, receiving treatment for lung infection in a city hospital here, is recovering slowly and is likely to be discharged within a week, a doctor attending on him said on Sunday.
He was admitted to Sir Ganga Ram Hospital because of interstitial lung disease (ILD), a condition in which the passage of oxygen to the two lungs is less.
"He is suffering from a disease which does not have proper or permanent cure. It takes time. We are giving him treatment to reduce infection. We are giving him oxygen supply so that he can inhale easily. He may be discharged some time next week," a doctor attending on him said.
Pataudi`s son and Bollywood actor Saif Ali Khan and actress daughter Soha Ali Khan are meeting him on and off while his wife Sharmila Tagore is with him all the time.
Pataudi, regarded as one of the finest Indian captains, played 46 Tests for the country, scoring 2793 runs at an average of 34.91 with an unbeaten 203 being his highest score.
In all, he smashed six centuries and 16 fifties in his career.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!