Pataudi likely to be discharged within a week: Doctor
New Delhi: Former India cricket captain Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi, receiving treatment for lung infection in a city hospital here, is recovering slowly and is likely to be discharged within a week, a doctor attending on him said on Sunday.
He was admitted to Sir Ganga Ram Hospital because of interstitial lung disease (ILD), a condition in which the passage of oxygen to the two lungs is less.
"He is suffering from a disease which does not have proper or permanent cure. It takes time. We are giving him treatment to reduce infection. We are giving him oxygen supply so that he can inhale easily. He may be discharged some time next week," a doctor attending on him said.
Pataudi`s son and Bollywood actor Saif Ali Khan and actress daughter Soha Ali Khan are meeting him on and off while his wife Sharmila Tagore is with him all the time.
Pataudi, regarded as one of the finest Indian captains, played 46 Tests for the country, scoring 2793 runs at an average of 34.91 with an unbeaten 203 being his highest score.
In all, he smashed six centuries and 16 fifties in his career.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened