Patel, Franklin recalled into New Zealand squad for Zimbabwe tour
Auckland: New Zealand off-spinner Jeetan Patel and all-rounder James Franklin have been recalled into the national team for next month’s tour to Zimbabwe.
Patel and Franklin were both cut from the nationally contracted list of 20 in July, but have been handed selection reprieves by coach John Wright.
Patel has been included in the Test squad, while Franklin has been included in the Twenty20 and ODI squad.
“He [Patel] has been here [training camp at Lincoln] for the last week and we’ve been encouraged by what we’ve seen. He’s played some county cricket with Warwickshire in which he performed with credit,” Wright said.
Patel had played the last of his 12 Tests in India last November.
ODI and Twenty20 squad:
Ross Taylor (captain), Graeme Aldridge, Doug Bracewell, James Franklin, Martin Guptill, Brendon McCullum, Nathan McCullum, Andy McKay, Kyle Mills, Rob Nicol, Jacob Oram, Jesse Ryder, BJ Watling, Kane Williamson, Luke Woodcock.
Ross Taylor, Doug Bracewell, Dean Brownlie, Martin Guptill, Jesse Ryder, Chris Martin, Brendon McCullum, Andy McKay, Kyle Mills, Jeetan Patel, Tim Southee, Daniel Vettori, Kane Williamson, BJ Watling, Reece Young.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen