Patil, Pandit to be heads of MCA selection panels
Mumbai: Chief national selector Sandeep Patil and junior India panel Chairman Chandrakant Pandit have become the new heads of the Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA)`s senior and junior panels respectively.
"Patil and Pandit would automatically head the senior and junior selection committees of the MCA as per our constitution as they are the new national selectors. But they cannot interfere in the selection of any team in absentia. The decision of the Chairman of those meetings would be final and binding," said MCA President Ravi Savant after a meeting of its Cricket Improvement Committee (CIC) here today.
The CIC met following the resignation of its head, former India skipper Nari Contractor, who quit the post because of his wife`s illness for which he needed to accompany her often to Hyderabad for treatment, said Savant, who chaired the meeting.
In another significant decision taken by CIC, Deepak Jadhav is to continue as a member of the senior selection panel though his son is a cricketer and is eligible for selection.
"The CIC decided that Deepak Jadhav will continue as a selector though his son is playing. This is a conscientious decision of the committee which cannot be challenged later."
"The MCA President would continue to chair CIC meetings," said Joint Secretary P V Shetty.
Another Joint Secretary, Nitin Dalal, said former India pacer Abey Kuruvilla, who was expected to quit as a senior selector after he failed to get the nod as the national selector from west zone, would remain on the panel.
"He has confirmed he will continue as a selector," said Dalal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future