Pattinson says Proteas paid heavy price for underestimating them
Sydney: Australia fast bowler James Pattinson has said world number one Test team South Africa paid the price for underestimating them during the Brisbane Test.
The Proteas have made much of their watershed 2008 Test series victory in Australia and deserved the No. 1 ranking after dethroning England last August.
However, six-Test speedster Pattinson argues the tourists have been wrong-footed by a unit undefeated in five Test series with Michael Clarke as skipper.
“I think we have surprised. This time last year we were coming up against New Zealand and didn’t really know what to expect. It was my first game and Dave Warner’s and there’s others who hadn’t even debuted who are playing now,” News.com.au quoted Pattinson, as saying.
“I think it is all about the season we had last year. Winning, there is no substitute for winning, that is how you build culture in your team,” he added.
“It is how young guys like myself get pushed up when the team is winning and the one thing we do have is a great culture, all trying to achieve the same thing,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues