Pawan, Binny take Karnataka to 623/6 against Rajasthan
Udaipur: KB Pawan laboured his way to a monumental double hundred while Stuart Binny smashed a 141-ball 151 as Karnataka posted a mammoth 623 for six in their Ranji Trophy Elite Group A match against Rajasthan on Friday.
Resuming the second day at 273 for three, Pawan added 130 runs to his overnight score to remain not out on 251, when skipper R Vinay Kumar decided to declare.
In reply, the defending champions were 49 for two in 15 overs, with captain Hrishikesh Kanitkar back in the pavilion for just 17.
Rajasthan now trail by 574 runs with eight wickets remaining.
During his 687-minute stay at the wicket, Pawan faced 476 deliveries and found the fence 23 times, besides clearing it once.
Not far behind was the aggressive Binny who hit as many boundaries as Pawan, besides clearing the fence on three occasions.
Joining hands after the early dismissals of overnight batsman Amit Verma (69) and Meralidharen Gautam (10), the duo added 237 runs for the sixth wicket at over 5 runs per over to bat the opposition out of the match.
Thanks to Pawan and Binny`s efforts, the visitors piled up 340 runs at the Field Club Ground.
For Rajasthan, pace spearhead Pankaj Singh finished with figures of three for 108, while medium pacer Sumit Mathur picked up two.
Karnataka 1st innings: 623/6 decl in 160.4 overs (Pawan 251 not out, Binny 151; Pankaj Singh3/108).
Rajasthan 1st innings: 49/2 in 15 overs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre