PCB again asks Miandad to respond to show cause notice
Karachi: Javed Miandad is refusing to respond but that has not stopped the Pakistan Cricket Board from setting a fresh deadline for the former captain to reply to a show cause notice accusing him of breaching his employment contract with the PCB.
A PCB official confirmed that Miandad has been told to respond by Monday as he had yet to send his reply to the show cause notice sent to him earlier.
"We have told him that he should respond by the Monday to the notice as per the process. If he does not respond than we will see the next course of action," the official said.
The board issued the show cause notice to Miandad earlier this month for criticising its policies which was a violation of his employment contract with the PCB.
Miandad, who is employed as Director General (Cricket) since 2008 on a lucrative package, had said that after closely watching the working of the board he was convinced 90 per cent decisions were erroneous.
Relations between the PCB and Miandad are said to have got more tense after a meeting the Board`s chief patron Asif Zardari held with the sports fraternity in Karachi this week to discuss efforts to raise funds for the flood victims in Sindh.
"The board Chairman, Ejaz Butt is obviously not happy that Miandad during the meeting went against the policy of the board to have the National Twenty20 championship in Lahore and suggested that it be shifted to Karachi," one source said.
He said even after the meeting Miandad spoke to the media and repeated his demand that the Board move the tournament to Karachi which it was eventually done on the directives of the President.
Cricket analysts believe that Miandad fired his salvo against the PCB and its Chairman as he feels that Butt will not get an extension when his three-year tenure expires on October 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack