PCB amends constitution for board chairman appointment process
Islamabad: The constitution of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has been amended to change the process of appointing the board`s chairman and alter the structure of its governing board.
According to the 22-page document, the President of Pakistan, who is the patron of the PCB, will recommend at least two candidates for the post of chairman to a four-member nomination committee and the board of governors, the Daily Times reports.
The amended constitution will extend the board chairman``s term from three years to four, and allow the elected chairman to control and oversee income and expenditure in accordance with the budget approved by the board of governors, the report added.
According to the new constitution, the composition of the 14-member board of governors was also restructured and will now include five regional representatives, five representatives of service organizations and departments, two non-voting former cricketers and two non-voting technocrats picked from a panel of three, said the report.
The PCB is working to implement the new constitution in stages, to avoid any dysfunction in the system after a 2011 International Cricket Council (ICC) requirement that its member boards become autonomous and free of interference from governments by June 2013, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'