PCB announces salary, match fee hike for centrally contracted players
Johannesburg: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has announced a 15 percent salary hike and a 10 percent increase in match fees this year for the 21 players receiving central contracts.
The contracts, up for renewal in January, were finally handed to players before they left for Britain for the ICC Champions Trophy, with the hike giving ‘A’ category players a monthly salary of Rs.3,59 375 and a Test match fee of Rs.4,40 000 rupees.
‘B’ category players will get a monthly salary of Rs.2, 51 562 and players in the ‘C’ category, Rs.1, 43 750.
All-rounder Shahid Afridi, who was dropped from the one-day squad for next month`s ICC Champions Trophy in England, was lucky to retain his place in the ‘A’ category, along with Test and one-day captain Misbah-ul Haq, Twenty20 captain Mohammad Hafeez, bowler Saeed Ajmal and Younis Khan.
Spearhead Umar Gul, batsman Umar Akmal and spinner Abdul Rehman were demoted to ‘B’ category after their lacklustre performances last year, and have joined ranks with Asad Shafiq, Azhar Ali, Junaid Khan, Shoaib Malik and Nasir Jamshed.
Wicketkeeper-batsman Kamran Akmal, who regained his central contract after losing out last year, was placed in the ‘C’ category along with Mohammad Irfan, Imran Farhat, Taufeeq Umar, Aizaz Cheema, Adnan Akmal, Faisal Iqbal and Ahmad Shahzad.
The PCB keeps 21 players on central contracts in three categories, marked by three different scales for retainers and match fees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22