PCB appoints Rashid Latif as new chief selector
Lahore:The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has appointed former captain Rashid Latif as the new chief selector and the former wicketkeeper-batsman is expected to take charge from April 1.
Latif met the PCB Chairman Najam Sethi on Wednesday and was offered the post of chief selector, as well as director additional training and education for anti-corruption.
Latif confirmed to PTI that he had been offered the chief selector`s position and he had accepted it.
"I want to work for Pakistan cricket and the PCB chief listened to what I had to say after which I was offered these positions which I have accepted," Latif, who played 37 Tests and 168 One-day Internationals, said.
The PCB managing committee is due to meet tomorrow to take a number of important decisions and the board source said that Latif`s appointment will be ratified by the committee before it is announced.
The Board presently has an acting chief selector in Azhar Khan.
Latif played a pivotal role in bringing the match fixing issue to the fore in 1994 at the cost of his career and is known to be an outspoken and honest person in Pakistan cricket.
The former wicketkeeper-batsman said he was keen to get involved in anti-corruption work in Pakistan and was happy that the PCB had also given him some additional responsibilities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: SHOCKING! Kanhaiya Kumar's supporters mercilessly beat up man for showing black flag
- WATCH: Fan girl proposes Zaheer Khan with 'I Love You' message during live match
- Your depressed better-half can make you sad too!
- 70% want Narendra Modi to be PM till 2024, 62% happy with his performance: Survey
- Chhota Rajan faces death threat from Chhota Shakeel while in Tihar