PCB appoints Rashid Latif as new chief selector
Lahore:The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has appointed former captain Rashid Latif as the new chief selector and the former wicketkeeper-batsman is expected to take charge from April 1.
Latif met the PCB Chairman Najam Sethi on Wednesday and was offered the post of chief selector, as well as director additional training and education for anti-corruption.
Latif confirmed to PTI that he had been offered the chief selector`s position and he had accepted it.
"I want to work for Pakistan cricket and the PCB chief listened to what I had to say after which I was offered these positions which I have accepted," Latif, who played 37 Tests and 168 One-day Internationals, said.
The PCB managing committee is due to meet tomorrow to take a number of important decisions and the board source said that Latif`s appointment will be ratified by the committee before it is announced.
The Board presently has an acting chief selector in Azhar Khan.
Latif played a pivotal role in bringing the match fixing issue to the fore in 1994 at the cost of his career and is known to be an outspoken and honest person in Pakistan cricket.
The former wicketkeeper-batsman said he was keen to get involved in anti-corruption work in Pakistan and was happy that the PCB had also given him some additional responsibilities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling