PCB blames lack of security for team in India for Pak women’s disastrous WC showing
Islamabad: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has blamed the security fears in India for women team’s catastrophic performance at the ongoing World Cup, saying their eves were overwhelmed.
Pakistan finished last in the eight-team event after losing all four matches, which were moved to the eastern city of Cuttack when the right-wing nationalist Shiv Sena party threatened to disrupt Pakistan`s matches in Mumbai.
The International Cricket Council (ICC) decided to house Pakistan at the clubhouse of the Barabati Stadium instead of a hotel for security reasons, it further reported.
PCB chairman said the situation was uncertain for the women`s team and players were overwhelmed by fears as no hotel was willing to give them security after talks with Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik.
Pakistan team manager Ayesha Ashar had said at the time of their matches that the squad was happy with the arrangements made at the Barabati stadium, but Malik said he would raise the issue with India.
Malik claimed not giving security to our women`s team is a concern and he will raise this issue with the Indian government.
Nine Pakistan players were also withdrawn from the Hockey India League over threats from Shiv Sena last month, after clashes killed five soldiers along the de facto border between India and Pakistan in the disputed region of Kashmir.
The two nuclear powers are bitter rivals who have fought three wars since independence in 1947.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant