PCB cautions Umar after he reacts to criticism
Karachi: Pakistan`s young batsman Umar Akmal has been cautioned against reacting to criticism by the country`s Cricket Board after he hit back at some former players who had questioned his commitment in the recent one-day series in India.
Umar shot back at his critics after Pakistan`s former captains Rashid Latif, Moin Khan and some others said they were disappointed by the youngster`s attitude.
Latif had also advised the national selectors to drop Umar from the team and send him back to domestic cricket until he improved his attitude and approach to the game.
Umar got out at a critical time in the third and final one-day international against India in New Delhi last Sunday resulting in a narrow defeat for his team and leading to criticism about his failure to finish off the job.
Umar had claimed that the criticism against him was not correct.
"The criticism is unfair because I tried to put my head down and bat responsibly in the match. In fact, in recent matches, I have tried to curb my natural batting style and show more responsibility and spend time at the crease," Umar said.
He also said that it was never easy for a player, dropped from the playing eleven after one or two matches, to come back and perform properly.
"I always take such decisions on the chin and try to give my best but it is not easy. But I try to give my 100 percent," he added.
Umar had earlier also said that a particular lobby was bent on spoiling his image and deflating the confidence of the selectors in him.
Sources said the Board had advised Umar to refrain from such statements since he was a centrally-contracted player or else he could face disciplinary action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das