PCB chairman ‘satisfied’ with Pak team’s performance in South Africa
Islamabad: Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Zaka Ashraf has said that the team’s performance was satisfactory in South Africa despite being thrashed 3-0 in the Test series and losing a closely fought ODI series 3-2.
This comes after former players have urged the team management to conduct a thorough post-mortem after a disappointing South Africa tour, with a Twenty20 win the only saving grace for Pakistan. Although the team missed an ideal chance to register their first bilateral One-Day International (ODI) series win over the Proteas.
Ashraf said that their overall performance has been satisfactory, adding that the South African team is the number one in the world. Expressing his happiness over Pakistan’s T20 win in South Africa, Ashraf said that many top Cricket South Africa officials have congratulated him over Pakistan’s performance, adding that they were impressed with the performance and said that it had improved than before.
However, Ashraf further said that there is always room for improvement for the team, adding that the board is looking into that. Although the tour was deemed as one of the squad’s toughest assignments right from the beginning, former greats felt the team had opportunities to gain advantage, but failed to avail them due to a poor show from senior players.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America