PCB chairman Sethi`s appointment challenged by TIP
Karachi: Pakistan Cricket Board`s new interim Najam Sethi`s appointment was challenged by the Chairman of Transparency International Pakistan (TIP) which they termed as unconstitutional.
Advocate Sohail Muzaffar who is Chairman of TIP said that they find the appointment of caretaker PCB Chairman Sethi by the present government against all norms of transparency and merit that the government promised to the citizens of Pakistan during their pre election party manifesto.
"Najam Sethi is not the best choice for the Chairmanship because according to the PCB constitution, the acting Chairman has to be selected from within the Board of Governors," he said.
Secondly, he claimed that Sethi is income tax defaulter of FBR, and has to pay Rs. 10.6 million tax on the non-disclosed income of FY 2009, according to Commissioner Inland Revenue, Lahore FBR letter No J 4535 of 24 April 2013.
Syed Adil Gilani, Advisor, TIP said that the since last 15 years Pakistan Cricket has been mismanaged by chairmen not having any experience of Cricket or were closely related to ministers, which has almost destroyed Pakistani Cricket.
"At this point of time Pakistan Cricket needs person of spotless integrity like Justice Cornelius known as the father of Pakistan Cricket President of the BCCP 1961."
"The Islamabad High Court on 12 June 2013 had directed the Inter-Provincial Committee to appoint an interim chairman who could represent PCB in ICC annual meeting next week, but the acting Chairman has to be amongst the Board of Governors of PCB," he insisted.
In 2011, the ICC required that its member boards become autonomous and free of interference from governments by June 2013. Removal of government interference had also been one of the Woolf report recommendations approved by the International Cricket Council (ICC), he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo