PCB chief selector says no intentions of ending career of Razzaq
Islamabad: Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chief selector Iqbal Qasim has insisted that the board has no intentions to end the career of all-rounder Abdul Razzaq after the player was excluded from the preliminary squad for the ICC Champions Trophy.
The exclusion of Razzaq, who was also sidelined for the team`s tour to India along with Shahid Afridi, who, however, is in the Champions Trophy list, has given rise to talks of his exit from international cricket.
According to sources close to the player, the all-rounder, who has played 265 one day matches, is depressed and has thus sidelined himself from domestic tournaments.
Stating that isolating himself was not a solution for any cricketer, the chief selector said that a cricketer cannot stay away from the field for too long and added that they cannot consider Razzaq until they see him on the field to assess his form and fitness.
Qasim further said that Razzaq can also make a comeback by proving his worth in domestic cricket, adding that the same applies to Younis Khan, who also had been dropped from the preliminary squad.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!