PCB chief tells Misbah not to worry about threats to captaincy
Karachi: Pakistan Cricket Board ( PCB) chief Zaka Ashraf has said Misbah-ul-Haq should not worry about any threats to his Test and one-day captaincy.
Ashraf, who met the players and team management during a visit to Johannesburg to watch the final one-dayer between Pakistan and South Africa, told Misbah that he would be continuing as captain for the ICC Champions Trophy in England in June and should be prepared for the challenge.
A lobby in the Pakistan cricket community had been insisting that Misbah`s tenure as one-day captain and player was now over and he would be replaced by Mohammad Hafeez as skipper for the Champions Trophy.
However, according to sources, since the time Misbah got back to form in the one-day series, he was more confident about himself and his captaincy.
A source said that Ashraf had also discussed about the appointment of a permanent batting coach and assured the team that a coach would be named before the Champions Trophy. He said that names of some of the former Pakistan players, including Zaheer Abbas is also being considered for the position.
The board had appointed former captain, Inzamamul Haq as batting consultant to work with the players before the team went to India for the One-day series in December.
It also wanted to send Inzamam with the team to South Africa but later dropped the plan after failing to reach an agreement with the former captain, who had demanded a two-year contract and fees equivalent to what is being paid to head coach, Dav Whatmore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday