PCB chief wants to resume Indo-Pak cricket soon
Karachi: Fully aware of BCCI`s might in the ICC, PCB chairman Zaka Ashraf has once again expressed his eagerness to restore bilateral cricket ties with India as soon as possible.
Ashraf has also clarified his recent comments made in Dubai where he had said that India is reluctant to play against Pakistan because of the latter`s present form.
"Since I became chairman I have made every effort to see that we play cricket against India. But when I got no proper response I just said that I thought perhaps our present form was one reason why India didn`t want to play us," Ashraf told reporters at the National Stadium here on Sunday.
The PCB chief also said that during his informal meeting with his Indian counterpart, he stressed on the need of restoring bilateral cricket ties between the two nations.
"Even when our Prime Ministers met in Mohali during the World Cup and they spoke about having cricket relations between the two countries. And even today I believe it is important for India and Pakistan to play bilateral ties," Ashraf added.
He said the PCB was still trying to work on restoring cricket ties with India and had also consulted the government on this matter.
Ashraf also expressed confidence that international cricket would soon return to Pakistan.
"I am confident that Bangladesh will come to Pakistan in April and once that happens the ice will break. We have already started working on plans to invite other teams."
Meanwhile, the director-general of cricket in PCB, Javed Miandad said that Pakistani players should be bothered by the snub they have been getting from the organisers of the lucrative Indian Premier League.
"Look if I had been a current active player I would not have been bothered if the IPL invited me or not. Why should I bother if they don`t want me? We should just look at our standing and performances in international cricket," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug