PCB chief Zaka Ashraf insists Bangladesh team`s Pakistan tour `still on`
Lahore: Contradicting media reports, Pakistan Cricket Board ( PCB) chief Zaka Ashraf has said that the tour of Bangladesh to Pakistan was still on and only date adjustments were being worked out in consultation with the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB).
According to earlier media reports, Bangladesh, which was expected to tour Pakistan for a short series, called off their January tour of Pakistan due to security concerns, reports The Nation.
International Cricket Council (ICC) Chief Executive Dave Richardson also added to Pakistan`s misery by saying it is "premature" to say if the country is safe to host international matches.
The ICC said that Pakistan would need to do more on the security front to win the confidence of foreign teams.
No Test playing nation has toured Pakistan since militants attacked Sri Lankan team in March 2009 in Lahore.
The ICC statement has also now put a question mark on the country hosting an international series anytime soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital