PCB demand explanation from players for breach of code
Karachi: The Pakistan Cricket Board has shot letters to three players – Abdul Razzaq, Shoaib Akhtar and Fawad Alam – demanding explanation for indiscipline during the ongoing One-day series against South Africa.
Sources say the players can be fined heavily for their breaches of the contract.
Sources said team manager Intikhab Alam has issued notices to the three players in Dubai.
“Razzaq has been asked to explain his comments after his century in the second match when he indirectly criticized the team management and coaches while Akhtar and Fawad have been sent notices for violating curfew hours on the tour,” the source said.
He said the new code of conduct clauses in the players’ contracts stipulates that they have to adhere to every rule and no player was allowed to break curfew timings or give statements against the team management.
PCB’s legal advisor Tafazzul Rizvi said the action taken by Intikhab Alam was in line with the new zero tolerance policy of the board on issues of discipline and the central contracts.
“The issue is that these clauses were there in the players contracts before also but no one really implemented them. But now the board has given strict instructions to the manager he has to enforce the clauses in letter and spirit and not tolerate any violations from anyone,” Rizvi said.
He made it clear that if the manager didn’t penalise the players then the board would take action against him.
“The board now wants a clear cut culture in the team of players and officials adhering to the code of conduct for them,” he added.
In the past the board has allowed players to get away with violations of their contracts like giving unauthorized interviews, appearing on television shows and breaking curfew hours but after the recent England tour where the image of Pakistan cricket took a beating after the spot-fixing scandal emerged, apparently the PCB has got tougher.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers