PCB drops Qadir, Nawaz from coaching panel
Lahore: Former Pakistan Test players, Abdul Qadir and Sarfaraz Nawaz have been dropped by the PCB from the coaching panel of the national talent hunt programme after developing differences over contractual and security issues.
Sources in the PCB confirmed that both the former stars will no longer be part of the panel, although, they were the key coaches along with Test batsman Ijaz Ahmed in the first phase of the national hunt programme held before Ramazan.
"Some problems arose after Qadir insisted on a long term contract and Sarfaraz kept on giving media statements in which at times he criticised the board policies which is a violation of the code of conduct for employees," a source said.
He said Sarfaraz, a former pacer, was not happy with the contract he had with the board insisting the money being paid to him was not reflective of the physical work he endured while travelling around the country.
"Qadir had insisted on a long term coaching contract until 2015 to scout out new spinners," the source added.
He said Sarfaraz and Qadir also had some problems with the Board over the security being provided to them during the national hunt programme and had also demanded they be given life insurance for the term of their contracts.
"The board has not decided as yet on their replacements as the national hunt programme`s second phase has been delayed by a few days. But when the chairman Zaka Ashraf returns home this week, new coaches would be appointed," another source said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends