PCB eyeing Moin Khan for ‘suitable’ team management role
Lahore: Former Pakistan captain and wicket-keeper Moin Khan has been considered by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) for a suitable post in the team management, according to sources.
The sources further said that Khan, a veteran of 69 Tests and 219 one-day Internationals who has a good reputation in cricket circles, was interested to work with the national team for which he had the backing of former captain Wasim Akram.
Sources added they added that if Khan did not get a suitable post in the team management, then he would be interested to become president of the Karachi City Cricket Association following the retirement of the current president Siraj-ul-Islam Bukhari.
According to the report, however, it will be tricky for the PCB to adjust Khan in a pure cricketing role in the national team management as head coach Dav Whatmore, fielding coach Julian Fountain and bowling coach Mohammad Akram have all signed two-year agreements with the board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!