PCB finalised a Test tour to West Indies in 2013
Karachi: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has finalised a Test tour to the West Indies next year in July-August that will ensure that the national team and its players remain busy throughout the year.
A reliable source in the board told PTI that the Pakistan Team has three major series lined up for 2013, an away and home series against South Africa and a tour to the West Indies and is also hoping to organise a home Test series against India.
"The team will go to the Caribbean after taking part in the Champions Trophy in England that will be held in June. Before the tournament we will also be playing a series against Ireland," the source said.
He said that the series against the West Indies will include three Tests, ODIs and T20 matches.
He said after the Caribbean tour the board has a window open in August-September and will try to convince the Indian board to play a series in this period which will be treated as a home series for Pakistan.
"The idea is there and discussions on this will be held when Pakistan goes to India in December but it is too early to say anything concrete now," the source said.
He said later in the year starting October South Africa is also due to tour Pakistan but the source admitted that would be depend on the security situation in the country.
"If security issues lead to South Africa not wanting to play in Pakistan than obviously the other option is to host them at a neutral venue," he said.
The Pakistan board is also expecting Pakistani players to be invited for the Indian Premier League next year.
"The board will know in December what is the position but since relations have now improved and the national team is also going to India indications are our players will feature in the players auction in January or February," the source said.
Prior to the IPL which begins from April 4 the PCB is also readying itself to host the Pakistan Premier League in a week or 10 day window starting in late March.
"The situation is that from December onwards we have a busy schedule for our players who go to India and than South Africa where the tour ends on March 24 after that they appear in the PPL and hopefully the IPL before going for the Champions Trophy and then to the West Indies," the source added.
He conceded that they were also chances that Bangladesh might tour Pakistan for a short series anytime next year and Pakistan might have to go to Zimbabwe for a short series.
"We had put off the tour to Zimbabwe that was due in November because of the series in India and they are keen to play that series sometime next year."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why