PCB hopes to convince BCCI to host tri-series in late 2013
Islamabad: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is reportedly hoping to convince their Indian counterparts, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), to host a tri-series later this year during an Asian Cricket Council meeting in Chennai.
The BCCI is presently having a dispute with Cricket South Africa (CSA) over the number of matches to be played in the series, although the ICC has come out in the favour of the South African board.
According to the Daily Times, a source has said that there is a strong chance that the BCCI might propose to have a tri-series sometime in December in India with Pakistan and Sri Lanka after having decided to curtail its tour to South Africa late in the year, adding that the PCB is ready to accept the invitation.
The source also said that the PCB and the Sri Lankan Cricket (SLC) would work out a joint solution if the tri-series led to some rescheduling of Pakistan`s home series against Sri Lanka in the UAE in December-January, adding that the tri-series will guarantee good money for both Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
The source further said that the PCB hopes that their chief operating officer Subhan Ahmad can convince the Indian board to also talk in terms of a bilateral cricket series soon.
According to the report, Pakistan had last toured India in December 2012 to play a short one-day series that marked the revival of bilateral series between the two nations after 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla