PCB in talks with New Zealand board for ODI series ahead of WC
Lahore: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) are in talks with New Zealand Cricket to host its team for a five match One-day series prior to the ICC World Cup next year.
A senior PCB official told PTI that a proposal had been sent to the New Zealand board as it would help both teams prepare for the World Cup, to be jointly hosted by Australia and New Zealand.
"We are keen on this series because we will be playing most of our cricket in the United Arab Emirates before the World Cup," the source said.
"We play Australia, New Zealand and Zimbabwe in the UAE as our home series between October and January before the World Cup and we realise that conditions in Australia and New Zealand will be totally different when our team goes there," he said.
The official said that the response from New Zealand board has been positive and hopefully the series would be finalised.
"The PCB is also trying to arrange some international cricket for its team between the period May to September, 2014," he said.
"During this period we have no international commitments, neither are our players in the IPL so we need to ensure our players don`t go through a five-month gap period before the World Cup."
The official admitted that they were plans to organise the much-delayed Super League but the security conditions in Pakistan were a big obstacle in achieving this plan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset