PCB in talks with New Zealand board for ODI series ahead of WC
Lahore: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) are in talks with New Zealand Cricket to host its team for a five match One-day series prior to the ICC World Cup next year.
A senior PCB official told PTI that a proposal had been sent to the New Zealand board as it would help both teams prepare for the World Cup, to be jointly hosted by Australia and New Zealand.
"We are keen on this series because we will be playing most of our cricket in the United Arab Emirates before the World Cup," the source said.
"We play Australia, New Zealand and Zimbabwe in the UAE as our home series between October and January before the World Cup and we realise that conditions in Australia and New Zealand will be totally different when our team goes there," he said.
The official said that the response from New Zealand board has been positive and hopefully the series would be finalised.
"The PCB is also trying to arrange some international cricket for its team between the period May to September, 2014," he said.
"During this period we have no international commitments, neither are our players in the IPL so we need to ensure our players don`t go through a five-month gap period before the World Cup."
The official admitted that they were plans to organise the much-delayed Super League but the security conditions in Pakistan were a big obstacle in achieving this plan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!