PCB instructs players to send back family after big defeats
Karachi: The Pakistan Cricket Board has instructed its national team players to send back their family members after suffering successive defeats in the Test series in South Africa.
According to a report in the `Daily Express` newspaper, the PCB has issued instructions that the families of some seven to eight players, who are in South Africa, should return home by February 26.
The board had apparently allowed the players and coach Dav Whatmore to take their families to South Africa at the start of the series.
The report said after the two successive defeats, the board is having second thoughts and believes the presence of family members is distracting the players.
The report added that while Whatmore`s wife had returned home a few days back, the players have been told their families must return at the earliest.
"The feeling is that having their families at the start of the tour the players instead of focusing on their game must have spent time worrying about their families and family issues," the report said.
In the past also such issues have been highlighted after a bad performance by the team and the debate over allowing families to go on tour with players still remains a subject of discussion in the Pakistan cricket community.
Former players have roundly criticised the team and management for the performances in South Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam