PCB keen to schedule limited-overs tour to South Africa next month
Johannesburg: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is reportedly keen to schedule a short limited-overs tour to South Africa next month as Pakistan`s schedule is bare until Sri Lanka arrive in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) for a full tour against them starting from December 11.
The two teams are currently involved in a series in the UAE, which is set to end on November 15, and as South Africa will be free until India arrive in early December, it would be eager to get more games, especially after the Indian tour to their shores was cut short.
According to Sport24, a PCB spokesperson confirmed that they are in communication with South Africa regarding a short tour, although he added that the correspondence is at a preliminary stage with no concrete decision made so far
The report mentioned that the month-long tour of India to South Africa in December will comprise of a mere two Tests and three ODIs - much less than the three Tests, seven ODIs and three T20s initially planned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured