PCB media ban hits Shahid Afridi`s `explain-all` press conference
Karachi: Pakistani cricketer Shahid Afridi was forced to cancel his scheduled press conference after the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) asked him to avoid media interaction, according to a close aide of the all-rounder.
Afridi, who returned on Saturday after featuring for Hampshire in the Champions League T20 qualifiers, had planned to hold a talk in Karachi to ``discuss`` reasons for his poor performance at the World Twenty20, reports The Express Tribune.
"Afridi was told by the PCB not to hold any such media conference. He was reminded about the central contract clause, which bars a player from such acts without the board`s permission," the source said.
"The PCB officials did it to avoid further controversy in the World Twenty20 fall-out. It`s already unimpressed by Abdul Razzaq`s outburst regarding Mohammad Hafeez," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers