PCB not to appoint batting coach for India tour
Karachi: The Pakistan Cricket Board will not be appointing a batting coach for the national team for the upcoming tour to India.
A well-placed source told PTI that it has been decided to postpone the selection and announcement of a batting coach until after the Indian tour, which ends on January 7.
"The board will not be sending a batting coach to India and it has been decided to make the appointment for the South Africa tour that begins in third week of January," the source said.
A number of foreign and local aspirants, including former captains Inzamam-ul-Haq and Zaheer Abbas, have either submitted their CVs for the position or have publicly conveyed their interest
"The selection process for a batting coach is going to take time because we have received CVs of some very strong candidates even from abroad and within the country," the source said.
The biggest problem facing the board is that while the former greats of the country are interested in the job, they don`t have the required qualifications required by the board.
"Inzamam, Zaheer and Salim Malik might be greats but they are not qualified coaches," the source said.
He pointed out that in contrast most of the candidates from abroad met the eligibility rules.
The source said the decision has also been delayed since chairman, Zaka Ashraf, is not hasty while taking important decisions.
"He usually takes his time and this time the choice of candidates is varied," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees