PCB offers three proposals to BCCI to resume Indo-Pak ties
Islamabad: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has put forward three proposals to its Indian counterparts in a bid to resume bilateral cricket ties between India and Pakistan.
The PCB has proposed that India can tour Pakistan, play them at a neutral venue or allow the PCB to host their home series in India, reports a newspaper.
PCB chairman Zaka Ashraf said they had put forward a proposal to hire two stadiums in India to host their home series against India.
"It is only the basic principal issue which we have put forward. If they (BCCI) agree on that we can start discussion on the revenue sharing, and either it has to be revenue sharing or sole ownership of the series," Ashraf was quoted as saying.
"If it is an Indian series we can go and play there and BCCI gets all the revenue, and if they give us two stadium, PCB can play their own series there and the revenue can come to the PCB," he added.
Resumption of Indo-Pak bilateral cricket ties took a positive turn after the foreign secretaries of both countries expressed their willingness to have more sporting contacts between the two nations.
Things started looking bright after BCCI invited Pakistan``s domestic champion outfit Sialkot Stallions to participate in the qualifying tournament of the Champions League Twenty20 to be held in South Africa later this year.
Also during Ashraf``s recent visit to India, and at the sidelines of last month``s International Cricket Council (ICC) and Asian Cricket Council (ACC) meetings in Malaysia, the PCB chief had several meetings with BCCI President N Srinivasan.
According to sources, although both agreed to resume bilateral cricket ties, the BCCI is not in favour of either India playing in Pakistan or at neutral venues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP