PCB planning players` guide to avoid controversy during Champions Trophy
Islamabad: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has started planning measures to avoid any mishap during the ICC Champions Trophy this year in England, where they were rocked by the notorious spot-fixing controversy three years ago.
Pakistan cricket suffered its worst time during the 2010 tour of England when three players, then captain Salman Butt, Mohammad Amir and Mohammad Asif, were found guilty and handed lengthy bans by the International Cricket Council (ICC).
Although the board, through its education programme and other initiatives, has succeeded in avoiding controversy involving any team member since then, it is looking to adopt a more cautious approach ahead of the last edition of the Champions Trophy that will start on June 6.
An official close to the PCB`s vigilance and security division said the board was aware of the usage of the various social networking tools by the players.
The official said they are confident that the players will not embroil in any controversy, adding that the players were well aware, thanks to the board`s education programme.
Meanwhile, former Test cricketer Wasim Bari, who initiated the board`s education programme after the spot-fixing controversy, said a special session would be arranged for the players before the ICC Champions Trophy to educate them about the downside of using excessive internet on tours.
According to another Pakistani paper, the PCB is also considering the use of a special device, which can block the use of social networking websites and tools, and through the same device, activity on internet can also be monitored.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read