PCB plans to rope in Moin as cricket manager
Karachi: The Pakistan Cricket Board is planning to give a major responsibility to former national captain and wicketkeeper Moin Khan in the forthcoming ICC Champions Trophy in England.
A reliable source in the PCB confirmed to PTI that two senior officials and former captains Javed Miandad and Intikhab Alam had been assigned the task of talking to Moin about the future assignment planned for him.
"Javed and Intikhab have been in touch with Moin in recent days even though he is in Sri Lanka with the Karachi University as coach for the Red Bull championship," the source said.
The source said PCB chairman Zaka Ashraf was keen on engaging Moin with the team in a coaching role or as cricket manager.
"The role of cricket manager is likely to go to Moin as the chairman is a firm believer that those people need to be on the support staff of the national team who have played in modern day cricket and are aware of the scientific requirements of the game and also have earned the respect of others in their career. Moin fits the bill perfectly," the source said.
He pointed out that Moin, 41, who played 69 Tests and 219 ODIs, had also shown interest in the assignment but it was yet to be decided whether the assignment would only be for the Champions Trophy in June or for throughout the year.
"It remains to be seen what is Moin`s viewpoint because he is also busy managing his academy and club although his brother, Nadeem Khan has been with him in a managerial role in running the affairs smoothly," the source said.
The PCB also announced yesterday that it had signed an agreement with former captain and fast bowling great Wasim Akram to not only work with the national team pacers but also with the young bowlers in domestic cricket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why